Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love & Laughs...

...Or Creativity & Craziness

So the other day I was searching for something among my archived emails and found a copy of an i.m. conversation that I had with my sister a couple of years ago. (She & I get a little bit silly sometimes. A little.) It brought a smile to my heart, so even though it's a bit belated for Valentine's Day, I hope it brings a little smile to yours, too.


And maybe even some wonderings about my oddities.


Whatever.

d: Today's learning moment: Don't try to make a triple batch of Grandpa Cookies in one bowl...even it's a really big one.
L: your cookies overfloweth?
d: yea, my bowls do overflow and my kitchen is abundant with dirty mixing bowls.
L: yea, and my sister said unto me LOOK! and I looked and beheld a mighty mountain of cookie dough. And behold it was my desire to partake thereof. For I beheld that it was good.
d: Yea, and as they did partake of the goodness of the cookie dough, the sons of the household did lick the beaters even until they were clean, and the flour powder did settle upon them like unto snow.
L: And the daughter, upon returning to her home, finding much abundance of cookies, did cry forth with a loud voice, unto the declaring of the desires of her heart. For lo, she did desire a cookie. And she did ask for milk, as it goeth with cookies, much like our forefathers of old did find land flowing with milk and honey.
d: But the childrens' mother did deny them. For she was a mean mother.
d: And she said unto them, "The cookies are for Valentine's Day, which is two days hence. Look, and behold, there are cookies for your class, and they number three dozen."
L: and behold, there was much weeping and wailing on behalf of the uneaten cookies. For lo, they seeketh to partake.
d: And the mother sent forth an invitation: "Come, sit, frost these the rest of the cookies with us. For thy brother is ready--armed with sprinkles and candies and all manner of instruments of cookie decorating. But we must hurry, for the youngest of thy brothers doth nap, and it is the desire of my heart to finish before he awakes."
d: "But take comfort, for after we do set aside cookies for thy class, and for thy brother's class, and for our many friends--yea, after we do give cookies unto everyone else, there will be leftovers. And ye may partake. For thus I planned it."
L: And they did with haste put frosting upon the cookies and sprinkle them, and put all manner of tasty trinkets on them that they may be a joy unto those who partake. And verily verily they did frost for the space of many minutes and did do all that was good to the cookies.
d: And their fingers were sticky and they did lick them off.
d: And their mother did remind them time and time again to wipe their fingers upon a wet cloth for the cookies were to be given away and their tongues were laden with much germs.
d: But they, being a forgetful generation, did go forth and lick their fingers.
L: And when their father did return to their dwelling, he beheld the cookies of such curious craftsmanship. And he did put forth his hand to partake. And lo and behold, my sister did send a cursing upon him who doth partake too soon, lest he put forth his hand and dwindle the number set for for his childrens' classes. But verily my sister did repent of her chastizing and did offer him thus a cookie from those which had been set aside for his partaking. And he did partake and it was good.
d: Yea, and their father said unto his wife, "See the abundance of the cookies. Yea, there is such an abundance that one will not be missed by the classmates of the children."
d: And his wife did sigh and give him one of the broken cookies.
L: Behold, canst thou not hear the voice of one crying in the classroom? That lonely mortal who consumeth not a cookie?
d: But the mother, with all the concern of her heart, did take from the plate of the father and did give to the lonely child with no cookie. And it was good.
d: And thus is the account of the twelfth day of the second month of the two thousand eighth day since the coming of our Lord. And the household was blessed with much sweetness in preparation of the day to celebrate love.




And these cookies taste waaaaaaaay better than they even look. So yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Dyann - That was awesome! I always knew you were hilarious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thee doth crackest me up, even in the midst of mine diet. Thou temptest me, yeah though my thighs curseth mine lack of self controleth.

    Behold, I enjoy thy calories from afar, my soul finds content in the happiness of thy consuming.

    (Send me some ASAP-eth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my. Didst this occur in the land of the Shittites? What book is this from? Dyanoriahah?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally. Awesome. Post.
    LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete