Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fired.

I have 2 weeks.

I knew it was coming, but it totally stinks that after 7 years, they give me 2 weeks. Thanks a lot.

So after I prayed for direction and guidance and forgiveness because I'm angry, I had the thought, "I need to read my scriptures." Fortunately, Lee's cleaning his room (translate: he & Cora are playing upstairs) so I had a couple of quiet minutes. I opened my scriptures to anywhere, and read 1 Timothy 2. It was all pretty much unrelated to what I need right now, until I came across verse 8:

"I will, therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands (cross-referenced to Psalms 24:4 talking about clean hands and a pure heart), without wrath and doubting."

God's message to me today: Keep praying, let go of the anger and frustration and hurt, do what you know is right, don't doubt, and I'll provide.

Amen.

9 comments:

  1. You're already on the right track if the first place you turned is the scriptures. Another good one for right now is here. Remember, if you put your trust in the Lord, He'll tell you where to go next. (((hugs))) Wish I could be there right now to bake up a batch of XXX brownies for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxx brownies are in serious need right now!! our situation was only slightly similar in that after all our years of service, they treated us like dirt by raising our rent and lowering our salary. no thank you for 6 years of service and hard work, nothing. but we didn't lose a friend or feel it was personal at all. for that, i'm sorry, sweetie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that it turned out that way - I hope and pray that there are even better things in store for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you have perspective like that already!?! You really are an amazing person Dyann. There has to be something awesome in store for you. I will just keep praying that it reveals itself quickly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and prayers your way!! xoxoxo Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww girlie... that sucks.

    Having said that, when God moves us to (oftentime bigger and better) other things, it's usually painful.

    Thankful for your instinct to seek His word and His wisdom for this situation.

    And thankful for the new doors He's opening in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brett and I are sending our love and prayers your way!

    you truly amaze me with how positive you are...i am learning from you ALL the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dyann!!! I have a strong urge to talk to you on the phone right now, but don't have your number! Call/email me so we can connect. Love you, Liz

    ReplyDelete