Monday, August 26, 2013

The Cutting Edge

Before Cora made her earthly debut, she went to the Utero Salon to get her tips frosted.

It's fuzzy, but you can still see.
Then when her newborn hair fell out (that part always makes me a little sad),  it grew in as fine, straight, soft-as-silk baby hair.


In time, a new batch grew in, and it was curly!  Like bouncy, boingy, fun to play with curly!
And we loved it.  

Nevermind the Ugly Christmas sweater.  It was a varied photo shoot for all the different grandparents.

But as it grew and grew and grew, I noticed that the top layers of her hair were straight.  I was afraid that we'd eventually lose the curl.

Boing! Boing! Boing!

Recently, though, I've pretty much had it with the snarls.  And the food getting in it.  And the split ends.  What "four girl" has split ends? 

Snarls after jumping on the trampoline?  Oh, yes!

When her hair was "done" it usually looked like this.

So last spring I mentioned to Hubby that it might be time for Miss Cora to get a haircut.  His response?  "Over my dead body!"  So it stayed over the summer...until now.

Ready for her very first haircut at 4 years, 10 months.



I think the goofball smile means she likes it.

Cute & Sassy hair on a Cute & Sassy girl.

2 comments:

  1. Well I, for one, love the historical account...and the adorable hair...and the adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking for a "like" button. :D Indeed, very cute!

    ReplyDelete