Friday, August 9, 2013

Enough of my own

In the last couple of days, the Lord has been trying to tell me something.  I found four--four--blog entries from different places that said very, very similar things.

This one from my new-fave Scenes From the Wild and this one that someone on facebook shared even have the same word in the title: enough.  This one has very similar sentiment, expressed in a way that this Type-A Mama completely and totally relates to.  And this one simply reminds me that motherhood can be a touch trying every now and then (there really needs to be a sarcasm font), but that it can be a wonderful, beautiful thing when we rely on God to lead, guide, instruct--and frankly, carry--us along.  Plus another one I just remembered from a sweet friend struggling through a horrific nightmare who asked that we cherish our little ones when we can.  (See #11 to see the connection.)

They all add up to tell me the same thing:  take time to savor the little moments with the little (and big) people in my life.

So today instead of diligently chipping away at my mile-long we'releavingtomorrowtostayinCanadaforaweek List when the first thunderstorm of the year rolled in, I went outside and sat with my boys on the lawn to watch.  Later I came in specifically to tell Abby about it, and she joined us.  Sadly, Cora fell asleep on the floor at 8:30, and didn't join the fun until Alex & Lee brought their loud joyous exclamations inside.  Even Wes learned to point at the sky at random times and yell, "WHOOOAAAA!!!!"

I love thunder & lightning, and I love my kiddos even more.  I love them enough to put down my List for an hour and sit in the grass to wonder at the pure amazingness that is Nature.

~~And because I'm the awesome mom that I am, it is 10:30 and the children (except Wes) are still up, huddled by the window watching for more.  The boys are so ecstatic that they're barely able to form sentences, and their frames seem about to burst apart from sheer joy overload.  Their passion makes my heart smile.~~

1 comment:

  1. I'm still sad that you're going to Canada instead of the friends' campout (which we're actually going to for the whole week this year!) Have fun and travel safe. XXOO

    ReplyDelete