Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Duo-lly Noted

Dear Po,


I love your movie. I love nearly every single nanosecond of it. Except one part.

Did you really have to go there? Now my boys (especially my 4-year-old) run around the house, yelling, "OH, MY TENDERS!!!" A shot to the gut or face would have sufficed, in my humble opinion.

Sincerely,
An Over-Tenderized Mom

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear Boys,

I realize that particular part of the movie is funny. I also realize that your father nearly needed CPR from laughing so hard the first time or two that he watched it. And I really, really realize that your not-yet-manly parts are vital to you in ways that you have not yet even begun to realize.

I understand that you are boys, and that part of being a boy is--ah...bodily awareness. So are throwing rocks into water and turning anything imaginable into a gun. But I'm very tired of hearing the words 'tenders' and 'weenie' when you are playing. Enough already.

And that goes for you, too, sis.

Love,
Your Tender-Hearted, Weenie-Roasting Mother

6 comments:

  1. All I have to say is..... AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's pretty bad when 2 year old little sister picks up this lingo. AHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. There are advantages to having a solo son who is quite literal but not so obsessed with talking about his plumbing in any particular terms. Of course, that may all change in a few months if he has a new brother--and really, it could change *any* time given the nature of children and the wild curve balls (no pun intended) they throw their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one more thing... I am also really tired of the confused looks I get when I tell the children that we need to buy a bag chicken tenders to use for our dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - don't you love what kids pick up from movies?!?!

    (And this would be perfect for Julie's "Letters of Intent" if you'd like some free traffic on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for stopping by and linking up at Rachel's request!

    With 4 boys in my house plus a husband I totally relate with you. *sigh* Their humor does not leave a lot to the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it interesting that we both posted quotes from Kung Fu Panda today. Albeit not the same quote! Anyway ... just wanted to stop and say thank you for forcing me to once again explain what I am finding so hysterical to the people in the other room! I am now subscribed! :)

    ReplyDelete