Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A billion photos because I feel like it...

Or..."Our Summer: the Photographic Cliffnotes In Reverse Order"

Abby's such a good big sister.  She held Weston while he fussed...until he zonked out!

1st day of school, 1st 4th & 6th grades.

The whole brood on a hike with friends.
Abby 11, Alex 9, Lee 6, Cora 3 1/2, Weston 8mos

On the way back, we stopped by White Pass & there was snow!  Cora  showed her intelligence by wearing shoes.

"Folding laundry."  They called themselves Unnawarriors.

Kiddos participated in a kids-only track event, including a relay.

Redneck baby bed.

4th of July at my favorite resort:  my sister's house!

And a very very happy 4th of July to you, too!

Hiked with the older kiddos & my sister's family.
Why yes, I am posing that way to cover my love handles.  Why do you ask?

Wes has a really strong suck and gives lots of kisses.  And it would seem that my beautiful niece gets hickeys easily.

 This is what happens when you put a mortar in a watermelon.  :-)
Hey, guess what?  That stuff's spicy.

The only baby I know who often spits up out his nose.

1st big-boy bath.  Lovin' life!

He sleeps for one Grandma...

...and showers another Grandma with his, um, love.  Sorry, Mom.

For Alex's 9th birthday, we ran a 5k.  16yo niece got 1st place overall for the women, and Alex toasted his Mom & Dad by 10 minutes!!!  He got 2nd for his age group & we couldn't have been prouder.

The weather was uncooperative, so we picnicked in the living room.

Can you guess where we went after lunch?

This is what happens when a newly tie-dyed shirt isn't rinsed out, then a graduating kindergartener gets in a water fight .

For Father's Day, we went for a drive after church.  RIGHT after church.

We found a local hike to take.  It's a good place to get lost.
Not that we'd know from experience.
*cough*

A sideless bridge over running water?  Yikes!

I super love my Ellaroo wrap.

I love how everyone's looking away except Weston.

At the end of the hike, Lee and Cora were the best of buddies.
I love this photo, except for the Awkward Family Photo moment.

He even stopped to tie her shoe for her.  What a good big brother.

One of Wes's newly-found favorite things.

For Abby's birthday, we went to the skating rink.  It was super fun, and I learned that my camera doesn't take clear action shots, no matter the setting.  Boo.

Yes, I do teach my children to sniff cedar.  Don't you?

Because sometimes a chopstick drum on your head concert is what's on the agenda!

1 comment:

  1. I am lovin' the pictures TOO much! I miss you guys already! Plus, your kids are adorable, as ever!

    ReplyDelete