Monday, December 28, 2009

This really shouldn't be that hard!

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite a while. With a husband and children and the property and a home and church responsibilities, I've been avoiding it. I simply don't have the time! It's the same reason that I didn't belonging to any social networking sites. After a while, aubreyannie convinced me to get onto Facebook. It took a while, but I finally caved. Once there, it was a short journey over the border into BlogLand.

I found myself blogging in my head. All day long.

So I sat down to set up a blog, and frankly, it was frustrating. Almost infuriating! All of the good names are taken, and half of those lie unused! At least half of THOSE blogs don't have anything to do with the witty blog names that I came up with. Why on earth would 'peppermintcocoa' lead me to a blank blog with nothing but Joe Schmoe's name on it? It seriously took more than 6 weeks to come up with my name.

But it fits.

Why? Two reasons. Those who know me know that I'm talkative. So much so that it's not uncommon for me to be in a group conversation and not ever get to my point because I felt like I needed to explain way too much of what I call the backstory. I'm getting better. The other reason is that I love lists. Lists help keep my life in order. If it doesn't get onto my list, it falls out of my crowded brain. Lists can be on my computer, a beat-up spiral notebook, a post-it, the back of a receipt, the bathroom mirror...it doesn't matter.

So the double-meaning of 'listing' and my acknowledged loquacity make this blog name good for me.

Plus I love alliteration.

1 comment: